Not Totally Inept

Breath-takingly insightful, if you're really dumb.

Saturday, December 18, 2004

Sometimes You Have To Stir The Pot

If you've been to this site before, you know my standard practice is to periodically divert from the mundane, and deliver something of substance. Okay, that's never actually happened, but I really feel like things are turning around in this area. I want to make a difference, and I don't care how many lives are affected in negative, destructive ways. So not to be rude, but I'd appreciate it if you'd be courteous enough to listen to my ideas and concerns about how to achieve peace in this world as well as end multiple instances of suffering or whatever. My plan is three-pronged, with several sub-prongs pointing out towards the side of the original prongs, ultimately creating an unmanageable cluster of prongs. That will be down the road, though. First, I have recorded some of my more basic observations and reflections about people who don't even have xboxes, it's really pathetic.

I saw a segment on the news the other night about some people in Africa and other major cities around the world. Apparently some health problems cropped up in this one tribe, due to not eating for 3-4 weeks at a time. There was also some stuff about warlords creating famine in various regions but it was kind of boring. Personally, I suspected that it was more a problem with what they were eating, rather than how frequently. From what I saw, their carb intake was VERY high, not the kind of diet you want to follow if your goal is lean muscle mass, a fitness concept which 60 Minutes is apparently unaware of. Investigative reporting, huh? What are they investigating, how to be a chubby chubberson? Right, so the stomachs of these children bloat up like little beach balls and soon after, all they can do is lie there helplessly and look up at their mothers with scared, desperate eyes. Then their little brother starts the bloating process as well, and before you know it, sayonora. Wow, this kind of thing is really a downer, isn't it? I think I'm pretty much tapped out here.

Now let's recap. Before reading some of this, I can see why you thought the main point in life was internet dating or eating Captain Crunch at 3 pm, and then maybe going for a little run because that Captain Crunch wasn't on your diet, was it, fatty? However, as I've shown, there are some people out there, possibly 70 or 80 on the Egyptian continent alone, who don't even have access to Pilates machines. Does that seem fair to you, is that equitable in your mind? Not to have access to an exercise regimen that will stretch, strengthen, and balance the body?

Alright, I promise to keep it lighter the next time around. But I feel like everyone has a responsibility to both give and share, as well as do other stuff that raises a self-awareness level in others, such as teens, and infants, causing small infants to give back to the community from which they were born only days previously, in order to battle leukemia and arm cancer...Ok, it's obvious I'm not cut out for this, I'm sorry. But I still think you guys should battle poverty if you have the chance. Thanks!

3 Comments:

At 4:01 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Always a privilege to learn from one so wise.

 
At 5:25 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

We live in an eat or be eaten world mister! And I can not be blamed for the bloated folks in Africa who let the flies win the eat or be eaten race. I mean really, who is going to let a fly consume them while they are still breathing?! Not me!
And so help me, if you ever make fun of my Internet lover Cyberstubmuffinbuns and my love of Crunch Berries again, you'll live to regret it. ;)
Lois Lane

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Erik said...

That's a solid point about the flies, you've really turned me around on that. It does seem foolish to let the fly just go to town on you if you can still shoo him away with reasonably little effort. Thanks for a new perspective. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home