Not Totally Inept

Breath-takingly insightful, if you're really dumb.

Saturday, April 01, 2006

I'm Like Zeus, But More Alpha-Male

Some time ago, I publicly discussed my insubordinate pythons, and their general refusal to be gigantic and scare small children. It was must-see blogging then, and nothing's changed. Especially my pythons. With my back against the wall, I had 2 options. I could create the "Guiding Guns to Greatness" program, or end my life. So I created the program, because I'm still relatively young, and I want to see what happens with Ryan Seacrest's career. He seems to be on the verge of creating his own brand, and I'd like to be around for that.

If you're worried that my exercise history might not be an interesting topic, then I invite you to recall a thing somebody really smart said a long time ago, which may or may not have any direct bearing on what I'm talking about right now. However, keep in mind that everything we learn about isn't always exciting. Learning of my guns is an essential educational building block, similar to both Sesame Street and 21 Jump Street. Therefore, I will give a quick refresher.

Those who know me well, know me for two things. First, I am known for my great physical power. You can think of this as power in motion, if it's easier to remember that way. This power is not unlike a puma or a highly athletic koala bear, yet still very deadly.

The second item I should probably warn you about is the preposterously high levels of testosterone which have been coursing through my rigid body since the pre-natal years. Most days it's all I can do just to keep my fists from coming out like rabid, diseased gophers, smashing everything in sight. Do you know how hard it is to keep them in check? I'm quite certain you have no idea. Every day of my life is a new lesson in self-restraint. I don't even want to discuss it right now, for the gophers grow restless.

Now it is time for you to know the history behind the Guiding Guns program: One morning I woke up and asked myself, what if there was a world where peoples of all colors and national origins loved one another, and what if, in addition to that, there was a virtual, customizable personal exercise game called Yourself! Fitness available for the xbox platform? As fate would have it, there was. It's made for the xbox and it's called Yourself! Fitness. With this program shall my guns increase.

I realize I will probably endure my share of smirks and "good-natured ribbing" for using a virtual personal trainer. However, I suspect there will be significantly less smirking after I rip out the offender's trachea, turn it into a wind instrument, and force them to play me a tune on it with their last breath. At that point, I feel there will be less smirking, and more respect. If you feel that last comment was a little over the top, you might want to consider the current attached state of your trachea, and do you want it to stay that way? No, I'm kidding. Look at this screenshot from Yourself! Fitness:

"I love Erik. Erik, watch this, I'm sexily jumping onto this step."

Her name is Maya, and she has several different outfits. If she was a real person, she would likely burn for me with the desire of a thousand flames. But even if she was real, I wouldn't let her have me, because trust is first. Without trust, you have nothing. Less than nothing, really. You have a pile of excrement is what you have. Okay, I got a little side-tracked there, but surely you can see my point, Maya. Even as I perform your little warm-up exercises, I see where this is headed. You will draw me in with your knee-length spandex and empty promises, but ultimately, you will leave me broken and without viable alternatives.

So suffice it to say, the Guiding Guns to Greatness program, whatever that was, is being called off. I don't even care about it anymore. Not only that, I think you may still be attracted to me, which only complicates things. All my future time will be dedicated to giving you the slip. You will continue to be extremely proficient at aerobics, and I will be proficient at giving you the slip. Which reminds me, guess who is a virtual trainer in a fitness game and also has an appointment tomorrow to be sold on a prominent internet auction site?

Maya: Please don't do that, you are my dream. Look at this picture of me:


"If Erik was underneath me, everything would be perfect, just like I dreamed when I was a little girl."

Erik: Perhaps I've been hasty. If you promise to ignite my pythons, we may be together on a trial basis.

Maya: No, I don't think I like you anymore. But check this out. You want some?



Erik: I admit that I do.

Maya: Never gonna happen.

Erik: I'm depressed again, like I was before I invented the Guiding Guns program. I'm gonna play Halo and eat a bucket of lard.

Maya: Have fun, fat-boy.

10 Comments:

At 7:50 AM, Blogger Lisa said...

Wow, I get to be the first comment on your new post! Rockin'!! Did you know ieatsc?

Congratulations on dusting off the pythons, and don't worry about Maya, she's a whore anyway.

I got nothing else -- I don't want my fingers to end up wound around my trachea, playing Minuet in G.

 
At 9:34 AM, Blogger heatherfeather said...

i think that maya has control over your blog because i just wrote a huge comment talking not so complimentarily about her, and firefox crashed. maybe she actually has control over my computer.

so i take back anything unpleasant i was going to say about maya, and say instead, keep looking - some girl will like your withered pythons and inferior invention as well as follow-through skills just as much as i like my trachea living right where it is, and my impressive guns will prevent you from relocating it.

just you try it.

 
At 2:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

maya's boobs are obviously composed of (virtual) saline pouches. Don't listen to her.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Erik said...

lisa, that was exactly what i needed to hear, thank you. wise of you to just give the essential information btw, and then just back away slowly. as usual, i'm highly unstable.

hf-i like the notion that someday my pythons will be happy, it's uplifting. "who will have these withered pythons to be their lawfully wedded...pythons." more like, who *wouldn't* have them?? well, maya for one.

dottie-i knew something was wrong with those things, but i couldn't quite put my finger on it. by that, i mean it kept moving around when i put my finger on it. anyway, i'll tell you about it sometime.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Erik said...

hf-i forgot to say that i see no need to try and shift, reposition, or otherwise relocate your trachea at this time. i'm very busy right now, and i have no time to do that. thank you.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger particleman said...

gophers don't exactly inspire fear. not even rabid, diseased ones. you couldn't pick some other more imposing rodent? when i think gopher, i think Caddy Shack, and Bill Murray.

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger heatherfeather said...

i knew you were scared of me. and rightly so - i'm a formidable opponent. and even if maya doesn't want your dessicated pythons, that's just proving that animated, saline-enhanced, fitness mavens aren't worth your time.

besides, you don't want to be the guy who hits on girls at the gym. no one should be that guy.

 
At 9:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha I gotta agree with particleman

 
At 11:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I want to know is, what's "sc" and why is Lisa eating it? It sounds gross.

ftibfg

 
At 4:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I do find this site breath-takingly insightful! I am really dumb though. As you may not be totally inept, I am totally inept- particularly with computers, and cars and calculators and food and pencils except dvd players, I know how to use them.
If you go to your comments page on March 09 2004 you'll see why...
So, you're not an Irish dwarf then I take it? Grand so. That's just great. I was getting all excited that you were an Irish dwarf and I could gleam some necessary info from your tiny dwarf-like brain for my research and it turns out you're probably not even Irish. Well! I never.
Anyhoo, as I said before in my other stoopid comment, if you could go to www.ramblingmo.blogspot.com and write irritating and jovial comments on her website it would indeed be of great amusement to me.
Tank you!
Maureen (I am not "rambling mo" by the way!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home