Not Totally Inept

Breath-takingly insightful, if you're really dumb.

Monday, April 25, 2005

A year or so ago, before Georgia Tech played Connecticut for the NCAA basketball championship, I came across a photograph of the two coaches sharing a laugh. If you look in the background, you will see what is perhaps the most unflattering photograph ever taken of a human being since the invention of eyesight:


Ha ha! You think *I'm* homely? Look behind us! Posted by Hello


Right, so that's either a woman with red hair, or a ferret with fetal alcohol syndrome. Or maybe a ferret with fetal alcohol syndrome and then someone poured hydrochloric acid on its chin. No no wait: An anorexic ferret, fetal alcohol syndrome, hydrochloric acid, and then someone stabbed half his face off with a car key.

Ok, I guess that's all I've got for the descriptions. I spent most of my time trying to find that picture again. Also, I had to write this FAQ, which should come in handy for any remaining questions you might have about today's topic. Let's read it.

1. Why would you save a picture like that for a whole year?

Hel-loh...cool blog post going on here. I think the payoff is pretty obvious.

2. After more than a week without posting anything, it seems like the next post would be at least mildly humorous--why is this not the case?

It's not that simple. Some things are less simple than what meets the eye. Some things are even more simple than meets the eye. And then we have blogs, which are the total opposite. Blogs are complex. The internet is complex. In-TRA-nets can be simple, but that's not the point. Yet, I think we both know what the point IS, you backstabbing jackal.

3. Isn't disparaging another's physical appearance for the sake of humor a little shallow? Do you just have no imagination, or what?

Well, that's two questions, let's take them one at a time. Implicit in your first question is an admission that this post is kind of funny, so you've made a tactical error right from the start--question disqualified. 2nd question: Nice try. If you divided the amount of imagination I have by 50 billion, then I would still have twice as much as the average person, which has less than 1 billion. ??

4. This post really sucks, can you comment on that?

Work's been really busy lately. Truthfully, I wrote something so hilarious you could sell it for money, but I decided to delete it, because it was almost too clever.

5. Yeah, that's a lie. This thing's terrible.

That's not really a question, c'mon.

6. Sorry. It's pretty bad, though.

Ok, I get it!

7. Do you think you'll ever post anything funny again, or is this pretty much the level we should expect from now on?

This is the pinnacle of human achievment in comedy. Embrace it. Plus, I heard of one site where the guy posts pictures of his bowel movements. NOW whose blog is better? Settle down.

8. I heard you were a little insecure about the way your toes curl into freakish little hooks at the end. Also, I understand that a girl you were dating jokingly referred to your peds as "claw feet". Is that accurate?

I think we're getting a little off-topic here, but yes, what you say is true. I'm going to start wearing Dr. Scholl's inserts, so I'm addressing the problem. It's not a problem, it's taken care of. It's being addressed.

9. Good. Because your feet look like human talons. It's disgusting.

Yes.

14 Comments:

At 6:37 AM, Blogger unca said...

The woman in question happens to be a trainer for the Connecticut basketball team. Since I know her personally I forwarded your hilarious blog posting to her. Although she's not known for her expansive sense of humor, I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it. I'll let you know when she writes back.
P.S. Curiously, she's also a lawyer.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger heatherfeather said...

stop! hammertoes!

i've been around the world from london to the bay. it's hammertoes! hammer, go, hammer, mc hammer and the rest can go away.

rember to love your talon toes. just think of all the vermin you can pick up with them and eat when you're hungry.

(i didn't have anything to say about the ferrety syndrome lady. that's how i roll - you never can tell what will strike a chord with me. but my dad went to uconn. i got into uconn's grad school. i don't really like basketball.)

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger particleman said...

i hear crickets chirping in the background.

hey, there goes some tumbleweed. it's like the beginning of the Big Lebowski, except without the cool cowboy guy, the humor, and the bowling.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger Erik said...

unca-can you tell that woman i was just kidding? what i meant to say was that i think she's america's next top model, and that lots of models nowadays have had their chins kicked in by a donkey.

hf-thanks for giving me new confidence. vermin unite!

pman-c'mon, isn't it obvious i'm like the person that really wants to sing, but keeps saying, 'oh no i really couldn't, i'm not very good'.

does anyone ever say, 'you're right, you suck'. ?? i guess YOU do!! ;-)

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Gart said...

Syndication, my friend.

Q: Will you still have time for us when you're famous like Dave Barry?

A: Who cares! You'll be famous like Dave Barry!

 
At 1:32 PM, Blogger Blogball said...

Erik, this is my kind of post. Keep more of this coming!

You know I just noticed if you cover up part of her forehead and her nose, mouth and chin she really isn’t half bad.

 
At 6:09 PM, Blogger particleman said...

Dear Erik,

My apologies. There really aren't any crickets and tumbleweed. I think we can all see that. I considered saying "but there are cobwebs," but that doesn't work either. In short, i've completely lost my sense of humor and finals have driven me to leaving unfunny comments on peoples' blogs. Shame on me. I obviously need a beer.

-particleman

 
At 7:20 AM, Blogger heatherfeather said...

p-man, i still have your bottle of crown up here from when you dealt at poker night and watched me fall out of my chair.

i'm just saying.

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger Lois Lane said...

Erik, thank you for less slack and more post. However, I'd also like to thank your imaginary friend for helping you write this. He is way funnier than you. ;)
Lois Lane

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger particleman said...

i'm all over it. save the crown. after finals, i'm gonna hit the bottle like i did last semester.

 
At 8:52 AM, Blogger Blogball said...

Rebecca, you tempted me so I went up and picked her nose too. I suggest everybody trying this at least once.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Mariasha said...

Wow, this has to be the only decent site I've found by using the 'next blog' button. Yay you..

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Erik said...

rebecca and blogball-i tried the nosepicking thing and loved it. i'm ashamed i didn't think of it before.

gart, you're the best!--i will not shun you needlessly when i'm famous, that much you can count on.

hf-don't encourage pman to drink, he's barely holding it together as it is.

pman, worry not at all-i smiled broadly upon reading your first comment. and then cried once i understood it. j/k.

suzie-thanks for accidentally visiting. you'll probably never see this comment. ;)

lois-i live to serve you, you know that.

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger particleman said...

i picked her nose too. my mouse pointer is pissed and won't change into a hand anymore. thanks rebecca.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home