Not Totally Inept

Breath-takingly insightful, if you're really dumb.

Sunday, February 06, 2005

Life And Romance: Both Solved In One Post?

What with all the turmoil and strife in other parts of the world, not to mention a fair share of problemos here in the homeland, I think it's time to just relax and ignore most of it. American Idol starts this week, and I don't know about you, but I can't afford to fall behind on that. I could give you some song and dance about how great it is to serve others, but I think I'll opt for the truth, instead--and the truth is I provide a pretty valuable public service just by scribbling crap down and posting it on this website.

Some people are involved in cancer research, or dedicate all their time to disabled children, so whoopee for them. I'm sure it gives them 'fulfillment', or something similarly boring. But when all is said and done, it's about scoring with the ladies, and I think you know that. I'm more than pulling my weight in that department, in case it wasn't obvious, but some of you fellas could probably use a little assistance. I will now decode some of the more common phrases you may encounter in your quest for romance, which should significantly increase your chances of landing fine tail.

If you hear a woman described as a 'party' girl, that can mean a variety of things, all of them good. Like, I-didn't-know-that-was-possible good. If a girl is 'fun-loving', that can mean a lot of things too, all of them boring. I'd say cut your losses early and switch targets if a woman describes herself like that. If a woman 'gets angry', that means she is on her period. But keep that last one under your hat, the truth is hard for some broads to take. Alright, those tips alone should keep you knee-deep in estrogen for the next six months, for better or worse. But it doesn't cost me anything to help you out, so I'll share yet another piece of relationship wisdom.

If during the course of conversation, a girl confesses to being 'mentally unstable', you'll probably want to stick around. Out of context, yes, that's a terrifying phrase. Yet some of the hottest, most insecure women are mentally unstable. Does that all of a sudden make them less attractive? Of course it doesn't. Lower self-esteem means less work for you, and the hotness level? That's right junior, it's the same. Now what sane person walks away from that?? Not you, if you ever want me to give you advice again.

Ok, as usual, my work is done. If you have any questions, re-read the third paragraph about never blaming a woman's menstrual cycle. I could not be more serious about that.

7 Comments:

At 11:44 AM, Blogger Rob said...

Oh how I wish you'd been there when I was dating. I could have just listened to you, and done the opposite...

 
At 2:40 PM, Blogger thatgirl said...

Wow. You sure have some troubling insights into the psyches of women. How's that working out for you? Good thing you have American Idol to keep up with.

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger Erik said...

i'm more than pulling my weight, i said that already! :)

because every single thing i write is 100% true, it's fun to date women that are crazy, and American Idol represents everything i value.

you know what i'm saying? ;)

 
At 9:36 PM, Blogger thatgirl said...

Yes, I know what you mean. I guess my sarcasm didn't come across as well as I thought it did, and since I hate those damn "emoticons" that proliferate the internet and refuse to use the winking sideways smiley face to indicate my intent, it kinda fell flat. I actually think you are very funny and entertaining and have linked to your blog from my blog (socallmeacynic.blogspot.com). Keep up the good work, Funny Boy!

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Erik said...

At first I thought you were kidding, then I wasn't sure, and then my mind became very clouded. So I thought I'd check. I apologize for any excessive emoticon use, and this comment shall contain zero additional smileys. Thanks for the link!

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger The Witch Doctor said...

as strange as it seems I actually caugt myself nodding a couple of times while reading that post...
hope ya don't mind I linked ya a long time ago...actually dedicated one whole entry to ya...
keep me posted on American Idol...wht is it number 65 now??

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Erik said...

I think this is actually number 66, but you were close. I'd appreciate it if you paid closer attention, as a sign of respect to me.

Hey, I actually saw that post where you said I should be president and everything (ok, you didn't say that. dang!), and dropped a comment to thank you. But I figured you might not see it, since the post had dropped off the main page. Anyway, if you could continue to visit here, that would be best for my ego. thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home