Not Totally Inept

Breath-takingly insightful, if you're really dumb.

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Not qualified

You know those $100-a-plate fundraiser dinners you always go to, for charitable causes and whatnot? Yeah, me neither. But last night, my friend had a free ticket for one, and who do you think he called? Well, probably lots of other people before resorting to me, but the point is, I went. And it was fun. Money was raised and hearts were lifted. None by me, because I'm still busy searching for that elusive brand of tuna fish--the one that will serve the dual function of being simultanously edible while allowing me to pay my mortgage. Safeway had a pretty good deal going there for awhile, 50 cents/can. Now it's a dollar a can, which just seems wrong. Not being intimately familiar with tuna fish economics, however, I cannot complain too loudly. Perhaps I will take comfort in shooting the checker a pouty look next time, while making the transaction as awkward and uncomfortable as possible. That might not seem like a very meaningful contribution, but sometimes we need to start small.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home